Monday 18 June 2012

Contest: The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen



My niece's middle name is Anastasia.  Whether she was named for the late Great Duchess Anastasia is a matter for my sister to answer.  It is quite likely since one of my great grand father's was from Russia.  Sourcebooks has recently released The Last Romanov by Dora Levy Mossanen.  While this book might not answer what really happened to Anastasia, it does explore the 'What if's...." 

I haven't read this book yet, so have copied the overview from the author's website:

IN A TIME OF RASPUTIN’S MAGIC AND ROMANOV MYSTERY,
A YOUNG GIRL FINDS HERSELF AT THE HEART OF THE ROYAL FAMILY.
She was an orphan, ushered into the royal palace on the prayers of her majesty. Yet, decades later, her time spent in the embrace of the Romanovs haunts her still. Is she responsible for those murderous events that changed everything?
If only she can find the heir, maybe she can put together the broken pieces of her own past—maybe she can hold on to the love she found. Bursting to life with the rich and glorious marvels of Imperial Russia, The Last Romanov is a magical tale of second chances and royal blood.

 Had she been very long lived, Anastasia would have been 111 years old today.  In honour of this event Sourcebooks has kindly offered me a copy of this book to send to one of my Canadian or American readers. To be entered to win all you must do is leave a comment, guessing my niece's complete name: Z Anastasia M (you don't need to guess the last name. Guess the Z and the M. If you happen to know my niece, you can still enter, but don't give away her name, respect her privacy.   International entrants are welcome, though will be eligible for some other prize, yet to be determined and purchased by me. Contest closes June 24, 2012.  I will randomly select a winner(s) from all valid entries.  You don't have to guess my niece's name correctly but I am curious to find more Z and M names.

Be sure that I have a means of contacting you and that you clearly indicate where you reside: Canada, USA or International.  commenter's with 'no reply' will not be entered.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh, I hate to be # but I want to read this book soooo much lol! I'm guessing your niece's name is Zoe Anastasia Marena...am I close lol!

joemmama said...

Zenobia Anastasia Marley

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
The books sounds intriguing. But me in the hat please. My guess....

Zoey Anastasia Marie

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Irving said...

Umm... Zora Anastasia Morgan

Book of Secrets said...

Zelda Anastasia Mariah

Thanks!

Diana
bookofsecrets(at)yahoo(dot)com

♡♥♬ Carolsue ♡♥♬ said...

Zoya Anastasia Mirena
Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

Heather said...

contest now closed.

My sister has enjoyed all the suggstions of names she could have used for her daughter. Perhaps a future grand daughter will wear one of these names.