Tuesday 26 June 2012

Needlwork Tuesday - In the Home Stretch

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

I am definitely in the home stretch.  Three motifs completed  in row 14. This project has 15 rows, leaving 12 motifs to complete.

Have you heard of the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef project.  Hundreds of crocheters have created the most amazing replicas of coral.  Having been a scuba diver in my earlier years, I can attest that these are quite lifelike.

This second video shows very clearly how a piece grows from it's simple centre till completion.



I'll be back next weeks with my finishing photos of my mosaic afghan.

Sherrie at Just Books has been a busy bee.  Well, she has been hand quilting her 'Bee' quilt.  The hand quilting is a perfect fit for the them.
IN both Canada and the United States, we are moving quickly toward our National Holidays, July 1 for Canada and July 4 for the USA.  Visit at Lit and Laundry for some lovel Patriotic projects.

Please leave a comment wih a link to your Patriotic projects.

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

The afghan is looking beautiful! What a lot of work. Thanks for hosting! I have a post up today at litandlaundry.blogspot.com. I keep forgetting to grab that mouse graphic. It's so cute.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Your Afghan is beautiful! The video was very interesting. I'll have to check it out further. I've posted my Needlework Tuesday at my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/needlework-tuesday.html