Tuesday 21 August 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Haul from the Tent Sale at Bernat

Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.

This past week I have been volunteering at a week of running races.  Check this post for a virtual visit to the races.  Now that the races are done, I hurried off to the Bernat outlet in Listowel, Ontario for their big summer tent sale. The sale continues till Saturday if you are within driving range. Quite the haul that will keep me knitting for months. 



At the back are 4 large cones of size 10 crochet cotton.

20 skeins of chunky in taupe and red.

20 skeins of ruffle scarf yarn for my friend Linda.

12 cones of a thin chennile.  Daughter wants a hot pink scarf, though there is enough for several, and the other colours will make a great afghan, not sure if I'm giving that to my sister.

3 skeins of Mosaic.

Total cost including taxes: $101.00

Now time to put them away before hubby gets home from work.

Other than being hot outside, I find that I stitch all year long.  You won't find me sitting on my deck, but inside looking out works for me.


Marie at Daisy's Book Journal has posted an update to her Sky Scarf.  It's a very unique project.

2 comments:

Marie said...

That's terrific!! I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see what you make.

Paulina said...

That's a fantastic haul! I've been to the tent sale a couple of times in past years, but I'll have to pass this year. I'll try to get to the K-W Knitter's Fair in a few weeks and stock up on stash there.