Tuesday 28 August 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Afghan for a warm day


Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.
 
Last week I showed you the wonderful assortment of yarns I purchased at the Bernat tent sale in Listowel, Ontario.  I have started my first project and am motoring along.  I am using the chunky and 6.5 mm round needles.  The pattern is a slight adaptation from Bernat  for the Baby Coordinates Chunky Cables Blanket.  You will need to sign up for a free membership to view the actual pattern.  I added one extra repeat and went a size larger on the needles. It is for an adult after all.
 



I am almost finished my third repeat and on ball four.  Plan to use at least 12 balls, though have 15 if I want longer and have the time.  Will reveal the recipient later.

Didn't make it to my sewing machine this week, though I did spend some enjoyable time visiting quilting sites around the web.  Found myself two different blog hops of quilts.  What a pleasure.  do you have a favourite blog hop that you like to follow?  please leave a link in the comments, am looking for one to browse during the upcoming long weekend.

3 comments:

Carole said...

thanks for the great tips re curried eggs. Cheers

Marie said...

Very nice!! Your photos are much better than the one on the website. I'm going to put this one my "some day" list. ;)

Chinoiseries said...

I really like the pattern, don't think I've seen the exact same one before. I've always wondered about knitting blankets, do they get really heavy, after being knitted from 12-15 balls of yarn? And how to wash them?