Wednesday 8 August 2012

Knit one, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton


I didn't bring my knitting with me on vacation, and my fingers were getting a little edgy after being still for almost two weeks. Good thing I had packed this book. It gave me just enough needlework action to keep me from going into wooly withdrawal.

Kelly Flynn has returned to her hometown of Fort Connor, Colorado to arrange her dear Aunt Helen's funeral. She was expecting to undertake this task alone and is surprised when Helen's friends from House of Lambspun shop jump in the help. They quickly draw Kelly into their warm fold, offering their support in which ever way they can.

At first it seemed that their friendship developed way too fast, but then I recalled that most of the women had know each other for years, and that it was only Kelly who was the new comer, and they had all  known of Kelly and her care of Helen all along.

I enjoyed the way the solution to the mystery of who murdered Helen was revealed.  It included the dredging up of long lost connections, unknown family connections and budding romance.  It all seemed quite feasible that a thorough accountant could find and put together these clues.  All in all, this was a good choice for vacation reading.

There are now 10 books in this series, the latest titled Cast On, Kill Off.
Website for author Maggie Sefton

Also reviewed by:

Rikki at Rikki's Teleidoscope

3 comments:

Marie said...

Nice review, Heather! I have this book, too, but haven't read it yet. I hope to get to it sooner rather than later. ;)

Chinoiseries said...

I had completely forgotten about the knitting mysteries. Thanks for the review, I'll make sure to check out this series :)
Incidentally, I was thinking of picking up my knitting again today. It's been one lousy summer so far and autumn/winter always arrive too soon. This year I won't be complaining about the lack of woollen accessories! What is on your needles, Heather?

Paulina said...

Coincidentally, I'd also started a book in this series (A Deadly Yarn) while on vacation last week. I have a weakness for knitting-related books, no matter how terrible the writing, but so far, I'm enjoying this one much more than the last couple of knitting mysteries I'd read.