Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Late Summer Safety Reminder


Yesterday  I cut the grass in our yard for the first time since late June.  It just didn't rain and the grass didn't grow until this past week.  As always I wore my safety boots (Green Tag).  I own these for no other purpose than to cut my grass.  I value my toes and feet and wouldn't put them at risk by going bare foot or by wearing flip flops to cut my grass.  I also insist that anyone I have hired to cut my grass, also wear safety boots.

I have an uncle who lost his big toe to his lawn mower several decades back.  To this day it affects his walking, with every step he misses that toe.

Next time you cut your grass, remember to put on your safety boots and do your feet a favour.

5 comments:

Cheryl Coville said...

Barefoot lawn mowing? Yikes! Good advice.

Nancy said...

Awesome Heather, safety boots have many purposes outside of work and this is one of them.
I will see how many of my workers are now wearing their safety boots to cut the grasss now that i brought it up at the last safety meeting. :)

Threeundertwo said...

I also make Jungle Boy wear safety goggles when he uses that edger thing. Flying rocks terrify me.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good advice Heather.

Chinoiseries said...

I can see that it's something easily forgotten... but better be safe than sorry!