Friday 15 February 2013

A Valentines Quilt

These blocks were pieced for a charity request.
 The patterns were all free on the internet, though I no longer have the links.
These were made by special request for some one named Michelle.
I believe it was for a lady who was in need of comfort.  Pattern was supplied to me.

 
In 2007 I took an applique class at my local quilt shop.  Each month we learned a new applique technique.  Around each block, I used a marker and wrote details of the technique so that I could refer back to it at a later date.
 
I submitted this quilt for Show and Tell at Quilting Gallery.  This week's theme is "Hearts a Flutter".  If you wish, please visit their site and view the 34 quilts on display.  You have the option of voting for your four favourites and then scroll to the bottom of the page and leave a comment to be entered to win a prize for yourself. I would appreciate if you vote for me, but don't feel that you have to, I would much prefer that you vote for the quilts you love most.
 
Voting open till 12pm Monday February 18, 2013.


5 comments:

Anya said...

You've got my vote!

Elly D said...

Love your hearts quilt! Have been and voted :) Thank you again for the 'heads up' Good luck with your entry Heather :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Away over there now, it goes without saying you have my vote, good luck.

Barb said...

An applique class would be fun to take....is it to late to go over, will have to look at your post again..

Chinoiseries said...

I am sorry to be too late to the voting party. All these heart quilts are pretty in their own way! I'm not a Valentine's Day fan, but these quilts bring a smile to my face :)