Thursday 13 February 2014

Tangled Thursday - Seeing Rings, Olympic Rings that is.

Inspired by last week's theme of the Olympics, we stuck with rings again. Any tangle could be used as long as it involved circles/rings.  I returned to string 58, which we played with a few weeks ago.  Here's the link to that earlier post.
Tangles used this week: Printemps, Beelight, Bubbles, Chads, Dandelion Seeds, and Nipa
 
Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com

I was no where near done playing with circles after one tile.  I thought the arcs of string 89 lent well to this week's theme.

Tangles used: Bales, Flutter, Kings Crown variation, Twilight Zone, and Knightsbridge variation.
And finally, one of my favourite strings, a stylised Z.  Tangles used: Unagi, Wabi, Soup Bowls , and Pintemps.

Many of the tangles I used this week were new to me.  I have been working my way through the 100 tangles illustrated in Joy of Zentangle : Drawing Your Way to Increased Creativity, Focus, and Well-Being by Suzanne McNeill, Sandy Steen Bartholomew, and Marie Browning.

I hope that you had a chance to work through the lessons that I posted last week.  They are a good place to start your Zentangle journey.   I'd love to hear back whether they were helpful.

For those who have joined us on our tangled journey, I hope that you'll join below and add your link to Mr. Linky.  I'll be sure to visit and leave a comment.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Beautiful tangles. I love the Valentine red. There are a couple new patterns in there for me to work on.

I did work some on your lessons this week - very helpful. Thanks for posting them.

Roslyn said...

Those are interesting with the color added quite a different perspective.
Today I was at a Bonnie Hunter workshop.