Thursday 24 July 2014

Tangled Thursday - Bring on Zeta

 You're getting a twofer today.  My mom broke her leg last week and I am at her house offering care.  Yesterday we sat together on the sofa and worked on Zeta.  This is a new tangle to both of us.  We included purple since that is the colour of her new cast.  You can see a good picture of it in my Tuesday Needlework post.   isn't she a beauty and she gets to keep it for at least 4 weeks.

This first tiles is Elaine's.  A much more open feel than mine.
This second tile is mine.  i used the following tangles: zeta, swirls, knightsbridge, kings crown, growth, and port holes.  I found zeta not the easiest.  It was difficult to keep the proportions the same from zed to zed.  And as I said earlier, it's a more open and free tangle which I'm not as comfortable with.

I also brought with me my tin of zendalas, so they are next on our list of things to attack in her convalescence.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.

Did you get a chance to work with Zeta?  Mister Linky is waiting below for your link.  Please leave a comment and I'll be sure to visit.

5 comments:

Marie said...

It's Thursday already? Man that went fast. I had every intention of taking some time and drawing this week, but I guess it got away from me. Oh, well. Maybe the next challenge.

Anyway, great work you guys. I really like both tiles. I can see how Zeta would be challenging, but you both did it well.

Get well soon, Elaine. Hopefully, those 4 weeks will breeze by. ;)

Tami said...

I'm with Marie. I missed my own challenge. :) The week just went by too fast and I missed Needlwork Tuesday also - and I even had things to post there. :)

Zeta is proving to be trickier than I thought, but I'll keep working and post later.

Your's are both great, ladies.

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of tangling on your Mom's cast?

Of course you have....why haven't you?

- Aud

Heather said...

Hi Audrey, that was one of my first thoughts after considering her health of course. her first cast was a soft one, sort of like a tensor bandage wrap. This is fiber glass which is really bumpy. I did bring some of my thick sharpie markers and probably will give it a go yet. If I work slowly, it should work. Once it's not feeling so new to mom, I'm sure she'll be game.

dianeclancy said...

Heather - your Moms is so cool!! I love the way she just took the tangle and made it a pretty and flowery one - just how she wanted.

Best wishes to your Mom!!!

Yours is lovely - I love the color and how it makes things that much more lovely!! (I can feel I am about ready to add color now :) )

Again you used some tangles I don't know so I need to look them up. My post is about done and I will post in an hour or so ....

Is it my turn to think of the next? I wonder if we should spread out the time a little so folks can catch up!!

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog