Tuesday 8 July 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Crocheted Shells

It's a short post today.  I have been spending much of my time reading and needlework has taken a back seat.  Usually it's the other way round.  I did get started on my ninth pattern block for the Red Heart Crochet Along.  Shells with Front and Back Post Stitches.  This one is addictive. I don't want to put it down.  I still have a few repeats to go, but I do think I am right on with tension this time.

One more block after this and then I'm on to assembly. yippee.

 Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 You might be asking what I was reading that kept me away from stitching.  First, it was Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep. This book includes an awesome recipe for a peanut butter and pumpkin sandwich.  Next up was Saints in the Shadows by Alana Cash featuring a tea drinking psychic and her fabric designer neighbour Maud.    Now I'm on to Isolation by Denise R. Stephenson which considers a world where bacteria has gone rampant and it every where.  Makes me want to grab some anti-bacterial wipes.


Do you find books pulling you away from your needlework, or is it the other way around?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  Mister Linky is waiting below and this week, you can leave a link to either your needlework post or to your favourite book review.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Sewing definitely pulls me away from reading - especially hand work. I can knit, embroider, cross-stitch, or stitch quilt bindings and be in the same room as Hubs. If I want to read, I need to go elsewhere.

Beautiful crochet, as always. Funny that you had a slow sewing week and I did more sewing this past weekend than I have in a month. :)

Kate said...

Since I got my Kobo, I find that it is too easy to find a new book. I can check one out of the library, without ever leaving my chair. Perfect for summer.