Tuesday 15 July 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Progress is the word


I'm a but late today, but that's because I have been so busy stitching and accomplishing so much.  And yes, I do have lots of progress to share with you today.  I have finished all the blocks for my Red Heart Checkerboard Crochet Along.  Red Heart has assembled an easy to print pattern.  Looking for inspiration for making your own afghan,  there are already photos of over twenty finished projects on the Facebook page.  Some are made in one colour as the pattern suggested, some used two colours to emphasis the checkerboard pattern.  One stitcher used all variegated and it brought out some interesting patterning of the colour bands.


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you


Block 10 was interesting to stitch.  On the wrong facing row, I did a slip stitch alternated with a double crochet.  The front facing row was all double crochets.  I was sceptical that this would work, but after a few rows, I could see the pattern and it looked good.  Less texture than popcorn but a lot more interesting that just single or double crochet stitches.

 Yesterday I finished stitched the 72 blocks for my flower garden quilt.  I have most of them on the wall for this photo, but two rows didn't fit.  It's going to take a lot of arranging till I am happy with the layout.  I don't want like fabrics touching or right beside each other.  I am in no rush to get this finished, so I'll take my time.

I finally managed to get some bedding plants in my front garden.  Not much choice left at the garden centres.  Fortunately, one of my friends works in landscape design and she directed me toward some lovely plants.  They are too small for a photo at this point, but I'll be sure to post one when they start to fill out.  In my mind, I'm a much more avid gardener, but in practise, all that green stuff makes me sneeze and itch, too many allergies.  My fabric flower garden will have to do.

I hope that you've been able to work on your stitching this past week.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current post.  Do you have a stitching project that you refer to as your flower garden, add the link to that post as I'll love to see your 'garden'.


2 comments:

Tami said...

Your flower garden is gorgeous! I agree that it will be worth your time to get the layout "just so". Can't wait to see the finished project.

bermudaonion said...

Your quilt is beautiful!!