Thursday 11 September 2014

Tangled Thursday - getting back on track

 It's been a few weeks since I picked up my pens and tangled.  Thanks to Marie of Daisy's Book Journal, we have a fun challenge this week.  This is what she had to say:

Since I haven’t been drawing all summer and don’t even know when my zentangle-ing gear is,  the challenge is just pick up your supplies and create a zentangle related drawing.  That’s it!  Any size, any patterns.  Fun shape or square.  On paper or on anything you want.  Totally open.   No rules, other than you have to use zentangle patterns in some way. 

No time to draw??  Create a quick post pointing to your favourite zentangle related blog or website.  If you have time, you can tell us a little about it.  
Don’t like that idea??  How about posting a previous drawing that you did?  One that you haven’t shared before.  

I guess the main idea is to post something zentangle related...for everyone to get back into this.  
I needed a challenge like this to get me moving.  I have been buying small wooden shapes and objects from Michaels and it was time to put them to use.  The first is a wooden tag, measures about 2 x 3 inches.  I coated it with a silver metallic paint and drew one tangle.
Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.
 
 I was shopping with daughter, and she has a continuing fascination with all things Halloween.  She keeps it pretty much in check, but it gets the better of her at time and led her to select this little coffin.  It's about 5 inches long and 1 1/2 tall.  I painted it with a bone white acrylic paint. I knew I wanted to border the lid so it would be clearly defined, and the rest I went with the moment.  i still have a bit more work to do on the top.



Marie also asked up to talk about a site we really enjoy.  Ornation Creation is the brain child of Ben Kwok.  He has made the most wonderful outline drawings which he freely posts on the Facebook Group.  You can then print them out as a very pale 'string' and then tangle till your hearts content.  I have printed out several of the files onto all purpose art paper and am looking forward to filling them in.  You must go visit this site and check out the amazing work.

Are you tangling this week?  Mister Linky is waiting below.  Leave a comment and I'll be sure to drop by for a virtual visit.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Nice work, Heather. I love that you centre of the tangle on the tag is offset. I'm not into Halloween at all, but that coffin is awesome!! Great job on the decorations!

Thanks for the website recommendation. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Tami said...

LOVE the little coffin! I have a friend who is nuts about all things Halloween - so I need to find one of these to tangle for her. I wonder about painting it black and drawing in metallic markers?

Thanks for the great ideas. Your tangles look awesome.

Kate said...

My first attempt pales by comparison to your wonderful work!

dianeclancy said...

Amazing work, Heather!! I haven't checked others out. I am working on the blog post for this now and it will be posted tomorrow and I will visit Mr. Linky!!