Wednesday 10 September 2014

Needlework Tuesday - a wee bit late

 I'm a wee bit late getting my Needlework Tuesday post ready.  Yesterday I spent the day on a visit to my grandmother.  At the beginning of the month she turned 98, definitely worth a celebration and a visit. (she sure has had lots of visitors over the past two weeks).  My son and my mother joined me for the outing.  Since son is a photographer by profession, I asked him to bring along his camera and shoot my grandmother's portrait. He also did a portrait of a family friend who lives at the same retirement apartment.   Looking forward to seeing the edited photos.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week.  I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs.  You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post.  Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.






I have finally made it back to my sewing machine.  I have a small project on the go.  The first photo above and the one beside, are the fabrics I have chosen. Just a tease though, you'll have to wait till next week to see what I am making.


 My mom has been here for the past week, and she's been stitching on my other machine.  Scrappy projects can be very portable and easy to fit in when you don't want to carry along a complex project.  She's been working on these blocks.  Untrimmed and below are some trimmed ones.

I'm hoping with the change of season, and with daughter getting settled at university, that I'll have more time to complete some of my projects that have been pushed to the back for far too long.  First, I have to finished the one shown above and then, well, I'm not sure which will be next, but I know I'll enjoy it.  Do you have a specific project that you are working on this month?

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework project.  Leave a comment and I'll be sure to drop by for a virtual visit with you.


2 comments:

Marie said...

Heather, your fabric is making me hungry. Can't wait to see what you are making.

I love Elaine's scappy blocks! Very colourful!

Both of these projects are so inspiring that once I have the room, I'm going to break out the fabric and sewing machine. It's been sooooooooo long since I've sewed something.

Have a great week!

Kate said...

I don't know why I can't seem to get any sewing done lately, I am even behind in my knitting. Glad to see you are hard at work.