Tuesday 16 September 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Almost scarf time

Last week I showed you the fabrics i was working with, and now I can show you the finished project, a roomy tote bag.  It sure is yummy.  The pattern is by Linda Turner Griepentrog and was designed for Timeless Treasures Fabrics for the Sew a Season Fabric line by Debra Gabel.   This was the fabric selected for this past summer's Row by Row Experience.  Click here for a free copy oft he pattern.

This is destined to join daughter at school. I think it will make and excellent book bag.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week.  I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs.  You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post.  Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

The weather here has been chilling down lately even though we still have a few more official days of summer.  With that in mind, I wanted to get back to my temperature scarves.  We didn't have many days over 30C, so I only used my top colour once. Oh well, not to worry, the yarn won't go bad waiting for the next project.  This first photo depicts the temperatures from May.  The Waterloo scarf if on the left and the mystery location is on the right.

Temperatures for June, Waterloo scarf on the leftr.

July, August and September yet to go.  This sure is one heck of a long scarf.

Do you have plans for any new projects as the season turns? Me, I have several existing ones that need finishing before I can start a new one.  Leave me a comment and i'll be sure to drop by for a visit.  Mister Linky is waiting below fora  link to your current needlework post.


6 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving this bag.

Roslyn said...

Your scarf is making good progress & it will be fun to see the location you used.

Threeundertwo said...

What a great bag! A good way to use those food fabrics I see so often.

I love the idea behind your scarf.

Marie said...

Great work, Heather. I love the bag. I'm sure she'll put it to good use.

Your temperature scarves are terrific. Bright and colourful! Thanks for reminding me that I'm behind and need to work on mine. ;)

Have a great week.

Lin said...

Love your scarves - great colours and a great idea. Super tote too. xx

dianeclancy said...

I love those scarves, Heather!!