Tuesday 19 May 2015

Needlework Tuesday - A block for the President

 For the past few years, the members of my local quilt guild have made blocks for our outgoing president.  She is always given an opportunity to let us know what type of block she would like to receive.  This year she left it wide open telling us she wanted the blocks made with batiks fabrics.   I selected this block, Virginia Star, from my EQ 7 software and sized it to 8inch finished.  It's an easy to make block as long as you take your time and press at each step.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

I didn't get as much stitching done last week as I wanted to.  As an occasional job, my husband is a pyrotechnician ( he does fire works shows).  This past week we celebrated Victoria Day.  He worked the show at the local park as well, he wanted to do his own, private show.  Fortunately a friend has a suitable rural property and she hosted it there.  It was the best ever backyard fireworks show.  It was exactly what you would find at a local park or community event, but it was private.  Hubby, brother-in-law and two nephews did a fantastic job.  I did take some videos and plan to post them later this week once I figure out how to add music.
 

 My one block wonder is moving along nicely.  I am so close to having all the rows assembled. Little happy dance happening here.
Since son was home for the past few days, I thought it was a good time to start on the second baby afghan that I am making for his friends.  He approved of the colours of this one as well..

For those not familiar with my son, he is a fitness and body builder photographer.  To view some of his amazing photographs, visit his page AGP Fitness Imaging

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.  The weather has been great here and I have been spending hours each day outside (still trying to dig out those dandelions).

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post, and for a nod to my son, a post about your workout.

5 comments:

Chiska said...

I love your block!

Roslyn said...

cool block I love those Snail trail looking blocks.
Still cannot handle OB Wonders though!

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Love your President Block. Your One Block Wonder is coming along nicely, can't wait to see it all done. I really like your star baby afghan. Good luck with your Dandelions. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Lin said...

I love your Virginia Star and am so amazed by that beautiful quilt top that is nearly finished!! xx

Tami said...

Ugh, dandelions! We had acres of them. I tried to look at them as pretty - but not much luck. Hubby finally got rid of them somehow, or else the cool wet weather we've been having did it for us.

I am in awe of you One Block Wonder. They amaze me so! I especially love the blocks that came out with the black predominant. Gorgeous!