Wednesday 27 May 2015

What in God's Name by Simon Rich

If you enjoy a book that makes you laugh, then What in God's Name  by Simon Rich should be at the top of your reading list.  This is good clean humour that is not offencive to any race, religion nor gender.

Craig has been working in the Miracle Department for some time.  When his computer beeps to alert him to a Potential Miracle, he swings into action trying to make one happen.  He tweaks a little here and a little there and if all goes well, a miracle occurs and he is thrilled.  Not all angels are feeling the same; they are left wondering whether these miracles really make a difference to those on earth.

 The CEO of Heaven Inc. is feeling burned out and ready for a change.  Did I mention that the CEO is God.  Overseeing the daily operation of earth is a massive job and it's just not as diverting to him as it's been in the past. He's considering opening an Asian Fusion restaurant.

Miracles, prayers, romance and spoiled curry are all wrapped together in this unfolding story.  I could not put this down.  I picked it up late at night and thought I'd read a chapter, before I knew it I was almost finished part one.  This is high on my list to recommend if you are looking for a fun read , no lectures, no lessons to be learned, just a let loose humorous read.

Cover image courtesy Hachette Book Group.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've put it on hold at the library!

Thanks.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving the cover. This however reminds me of a book I read in which the Devil was the CEO of a business that was really hell.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Loving the cover. This however reminds me of a book I read in which the Devil was the CEO of a business that was really hell.