Tuesday 30 May 2017

Needlework Tuesday : Now that is an Orange Quilt

 Bright, huh. You should see it in person, it's even more electrifying.  I love orange and I love orange quilts even more.  By one definition I read, you define a quilt as an orange quilt if it contains more than 10% orange fabrics.  I didn't do the calculations on this one, but it passes by a long shot.

This is the quilt top for the Spring Sampler Quilt Along hosted by Lori at The Inbox Jaunt.   For those working along on the project, you might notice my slight design variation.  Next up, layering with batting and backing followed by stitch in the ditch.
 I finished the second pair of fittens using the black and white yarn.  I wasn't going to have enough for the top, and decided that this red looked terrific.  My tension was a little different on the second pair, so the striping changed a bit.  No worries though, both pairs look great and will be warm and snuggy.
Keeping to the plan to knit a dozen or so pairs of these this year, I cast on the next pair right away.  This time I am using Red Heart Super Saver in colourway Sage Mary.  I'm pretty sure I had purchased this to make something, maybe a scarf, for my sister, but then forgot about it.  To be honest, she doesn't really need any more scarves from me at the moment, slippers would be more welcome.  With two balls of the yarn, I'll probably have enough to make three pairs.

Currently were having a rather warm streak of spring weather here in my part of Ontario. It's not conducive to large needlework projects which crowd all over my lap.  These small ones fit the bill perfectly. I hope I can keep the mojo going and finished up some more fittens and other UFOs.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


3 comments:

Lin said...

Love your orange Heather and you have been busy with your knitting. xx

Marie said...

Yup, that's orange alright. Love it!!!

Those fittens are wonderful. I especially like the red tops. Lovely colourway for the next pair.

Great work, as always.

Kate said...

You supply of slippers is growing quickly. You should have lots by Christmas.