Tuesday 16 May 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Start Something New or Finish a UFO

My quilt guild is participating in a quilt show next week and yesterday I was rushing to get my entries ready.  The quilting was all complete and the bindings sewn down, all that remained was to make and attach labels and then deliver them to the organizer.  What a relief when that was complete.

Now I'm ready for something new.  Well, that is the question, do I start something totally new or do I select another UFO and work on it.  I am steadily working on my current pair of fittens.  The first pair in the variegated black and white turned out awesome and I am about half way through the second pair.  Love the spiral effect of the colours.   Once this pair is complete, I'll cast on the next so that I can keep the to the program of getting enough finished for gift giving at the end of the year.

I have far too many unfinished projects, but i am sorely tempted by Lori Kennedy's current quilt along.  It's a free motion sampler titled: The Spring Sampler Quilt Along. Since one of my goals this year it to improve my machine quilting, this could prove helpful.  Would it be procrastinating to interrupt other items to make this sampler, or would it provide some fresh air to my brain and rev me back up to work on the existing backlog.  Which ever I choose, I always keep in mind that stitching is fun and when it stops being fun I am in trouble.  Honestly, it's always more fun to start a project but at the same time, it is exhilarating to totally finish a project.  Oh darn, that wee bit of enlightenment didn't help me at all.

Come back next week and find out what I decide to do, behind curtain #1 is a UFO, behind curtain #2 is the Spring Sampler Quilt Along.


 Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.


2 comments:

Marie said...

Love that black and white yarn! It's striping like a zebra.

That's always a dilemma, isn't it? Do I start something new and exciting or finish what I started (which was new and exciting at one point, too.) I wish everyone would stop dangling these "carrots" (new exciting projects or yarns) in front of me. It's so hard to resist. Just spent a small fortune on yarn a week ago and now I was just looking at more online. What is wrong with me????

Good luck with your decision.

Kate said...

I understand the dilemma. However, I have been trying to alternate between new things and UFO's. Decisions, decisions!