Tuesday 31 October 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Staying Focused Equals Progress

 For the past week I worked really hard at keeping focused on these socks.  For the most part, I did really well.  A few breaks for sewing, but mostly I stuck with the knitting.  I am thrilled with how much I accomplished.

As a reminder, I am working the Windowpane Socks from the 2016 Craftsy free sock knitting class taught by Lucy Neatby.  I finished the first two pairs in the course in reasonable time, but have lagged far behind on this pair.
This pair is knit from the top down and I am doing both socks at the same time.  I have noticed that my tension is slightly tighter than when I was knitting the leg portion.  That's just fine as my sister has narrow feet.  I have about another inch and a half before I start the toe section.

You can see in this second photo, that there are three stitch patterns happening.  First, the window pane part on the top of the foot with the long loop.  Simple stripes at the side of the foot, and then a carried stitch on the bottom of the foot to tighten the length to match up with the shortening effect of that long loop on the top.  I did make a few errors on the bottom, but it's the bottom of the foot, it won't matter.

I am looking forward to gifting these to my sister at Christmas.  Then I am going to ask her for a new project.  She has a huge yarn stash and far more projects than she'll get to in a reasonable time; I might as well help her along.  It's rather fun to be challenged with a project that will take me out of my comfort zone .

Have you ever done that, let a friend pick your next project/class or received a kit as a gift?  Were you happy to complete it or did you struggle through out it's completion, or is it still sitting and waiting for your attention.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.

 Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current needlework post.



2 comments:

Lin said...

Those socks are looking brilliant! xx

Kate said...

The socks are going really well. I started that knit along, but frogged my socks. Congratulations for sticking to it.