Tuesday 17 July 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Elmira Needlesister's Quilt Show

I'm on vacation this week though have left a mini quilt show for your enjoyment.  All the quilts shown are by members of the Elmira Needlesister's Quilt show. In last week's post I featured two quilts made by our Presidents from blocks that had been specially made for them by guild members.
 I have included images of the labels that were attached to the quilts for the show. Thank-you to guild member Karen Ross for preparing all the labels.








 Do you remember the Block of the Month quilt that I was working on?  First, I'll show my version, and then I'll show versions made by two members of the guild.  They are very different in appearance considering they are from the same pattern.













One of my favourite parts of a quilt show, are the stories behind the making of the quilt.  I read each and every one of them,  They often tell much about the maker and the recipien.

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

Great quilts! I've got a post up today. http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2012/07/needlework-continuum.html