Tuesday 10 July 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Presidential Quilt Blocks

I'm away on vacation this week, and have left this mini quilt show for your enjoyment.  If you have a Needlework Tuesday post, please add your link in the comments section .

For the past few years, the members of my local quilt guild have been making a block to thank our outgoing guild president.  Early in the year she is asked to select a block pattern /colour combinations or some other guideline for the members to use when making their blocks.

The first year we did blocks, our President at the time, Irene Dickau, asked for blocks in yellow and/or orange.  Oh good, I love orange.  At left is the block I made.  It is from Judy Martin's book: Knockout Blocks and Sampler Quilts.





Irene received quite a few blocks and was able to make a twin size quilt.  All blocks are 12 inches.

This block is from the same book, "Rise up so Early in the Morn", and was for Irene's sucessor, Laney Cambell. 





A few weeks ago, I showed you this block that I made for this year's outgoing president. Following are photos of the blocks made by the other members of my guild.






4 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, beautiful blocks! I've seen that book but I don't have it. Might need to add it to my collection. I have a post for today! http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2012/07/needlework-tuesday-caldron-part-1.html

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow one with the leaf and dog motifs in it be wonderfully cheerful to see that every day ,all the best stu

Marilyn M. Roane said...

Heather, I love this black, white, and red block of yours.....very sophisticated! The group looks fabulous, too! Wonderful!

Roslyn said...

Red white and black is always stunning. I love that first block,the one you made for the outgoing president, what is it called?