Sunday 1 July 2012

International Joke Day - July 1, 2012

My friend Petty Witter, at Pen and Paper, invited me to join with her in celebrating International Joke Day.  Humor is one thing that this world needs much more of.

I'll admit up front, that I am not much of a joke teller, in fact, I rarely tell a joke and I have almost no capacity for remembering them.  However, there is one joke I will never forget. 


(since it's a joke, I have included the pic of the cosys that I crocheted for my fruit)

This is a joke that my kids told me one day many summers ago while we were driving to friends' cottage.  It was a long drive of several hours and the kids were probably six and three years old. Imagine a hot day, with hours yet to travel.  This joke was told again and again over the course of about two hours.

Knock Knock!

Who's There?

Banana.

Banana Who?

(no answer)



Knock Knock!

Who's There?

Banana.

Banana Who?

(no answer)


Knock Knock!

Who's There?

Banana.

Banana Who?

(no answer)


Knock Knock!

Who's There?

Orange.

Orange Who? 

Orange you glad I didn't say Banana.

My kids were in panics of laughter each and every time they told and re-told this joke.  I must admit that I was never so glad for a car trip to reach it's destination.


2 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Many thanks Heather. Like your kids I think I'll be retelling this one again and again and again.

Kelly said...

I use to tell this when I was a kid and it's STILL the best knock, knock joke ever!