Thursday 29 October 2009

Can you read when you have H1N1 in the house?

So far I am having to say 'no' to this question. Notice though that its small letters, that means I am getting to pick up my book occasionally, but no great progress. Perhaps its the choice of books. Maybe I need an amazing thriller, or a ravishing bodice ripper???

My daughter is the ill one at the moment. It rather stopped her for a few days, but yesterday she started perking up and was even thinking of going to school today. Alas, its 11am and she's still asleep. She did have enough energy yesterday to make some entries on her blog and complete and model a crafty project. You can help her feel better by visiting her blog Illusion-esk and leaving her a get well comment. She also loves Vampire books, so if you have a suggestion appropriate to a barely teen, that would be great. She intends to wear this shirt when she goes back to school.


I am now feeling the effects of this bug and figure I'll be spending the next few days recovering. I have lots of tissue, boxes of favourite tea, and tons of books at hand. I am currently reading 'The Dark is Rising' by Susan Cooper, and when that's done will move onto 'Unbound' by Kim Harrison, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, Vicki Pettersson and Jocelynn Drake.

If you need a refresher on the symptons of H1N1, please check this Government of Canada link: Key Facts on H1N1 Flu Virus

5 comments:

The Book Chick said...

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter isn't feeling well and that you're under the weather as well! We have three out of five of us down right now (hubby, two youngest kids) so it's only a matter of time for me :( Get well soon!

Hunter said...

So sorry to hear you and your family are fighting the good fight.

Wishing you and your loved ones a quick recovery. I'll go over and send your daughter some Maui magic.

Thinking of you.

Darilyn

Jenny Girl said...

At least you gals know how ti lighten up the situation. Love the tee shirt. Feel better soon :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see that she's carried on with the t-shirt defacement! We still have to get our shots so I'm hoping we can dodge it for a little while more.

Dorte H said...

Get well soon, both of you.

I love your daughter´s humour!