Monday 26 October 2009

Musing Mondays

I was visiting over at Books and Needlepoint and found an entry titled 'Musing Mondays'. Sounded interesting so I followed the link back to the originator 'Just One More Page' and decided to join in the discussion.


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about note taking… Do you take notes while reading – either for your reviews or for yourself? How/where do you make these notes (on the page, post-its, scrap paper, notebooks etc)?

Once I started blogging I found that I needed to make notes of characters, locations and quotes I particularly enjoyed. I have 3 or 4 notebooks that I use as I often have several books on the go. If inspiration strikes I have to write it down or risk forgetting it when its time to write my review. Much more freeing than trying to remember all those streams of thought. I don't have anything special, they are those various student notebooks that you get on sale, usually in the fall. Some are left overs from the kids, I just tear out the two or three pages they actually use.

I also make other notes about authors I want to try and titles of their books. New words go in their own special little hard cover journal.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your opinion in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks.

4 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

I'm like you, can't remember everything I would like to about the book when I'm ready to review it.
I also have an extensive list of books I would like to read. That will never go away :)
Here's my musing

zetor said...

I always have stickers or post-its handy, but reading these posts I found a lot of people keep notebooks, perhaps I wil give that a try.

caite said...

Welcome to Musing Monday!

No note for me...but then not more than one book at a time either. I am easily distracted.

Post-its to mark some quotes or a few key ideas, but that is it for me.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I feel like the only person who doesn't take notes. Here is mine