Monday 15 November 2010

Mailbox Monday

It's always exciting to go to my mailbox and find a parcel that I know contains books.  The anticipation of which titles it contains builds as I make my way home.  This week I am joining in again with various other bloggers to let you know what's "In My Mailbox."  This meme is hosted by The Printed Page, though it is currently on tour and residing with Knitting and Sundries.  You are invited to go and check out which other books have been received in the past week.  Be careful as you might find your wish list growing rapidly.

All books received last week were purchased by myself.  I have a hard time resisting when shopping online, specially when sale pricing is involved.


A few weeks back I received an email saying that Martingale & Company, also known as That Patchwork Place, was having a warehouse sale and that a limited number of books were on sale for $6.00 each and that if you bought three books, shipping would be free.  I don't think I got carried away, but I did order six books.

Save the Scraps: Great Quilts from Small Bits by Gayle Bong
Fresh and Fabulous Quilts by Cheryl Brown  (website under construction as of Novemeber 15, 2010)
Twin Peaks: Quilts from Easy Strip-Pieced Triangles by Gayle Bong
Punchneedle Fun: Unique and Colorful Projects by Amy Bell Buehler
Needle Felting with cotton and Wool by Jennifer Kooy Zoeterman & Linda Lenich
Spellbinding Quilts: Wizards, Witches, and Magical Characters by Maaike Bakker

One of these books will be for my mother for Christmas and one will go to my elder sister.  As for the rest, they're mine.  My plan will be to make a project from each book.

I had borrowed this cookbook from my library for several weeks and cooked up a storm.  My family enjoyed all the recipes so much that I had to buy it no matter the price.  I have used it several times since it arrived last week.  You can read my earlier review.  Jamie is going to be in Toronto this Thursday, November 18, 2010  at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.  Visit The Art of Cooking for further details.  If only I could justify the entry fee.
This graphic novel had been on my wish list for quite some time.  When John at the Book Mine Set announced a challenge to read a Canadian graphic novel, I knew the time had come to send in my order.  Read my review of this moving non-fiction story.
Thanks for joining me at my mailbox this week.  If you have posted a review of any of these books, let me know and I'd be happy to add a link.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a good book sale. I always same I'm going to resist but I never do. It looks like you got a great set of books. I love your blog. Is there anything better than reading a book under a cozy quilt. I'm so glad you stopped by and commented on my blog so I could find you. I look forward to reading your blog.

Cathy said...

I used to do punchneedle, but once I got a computer.... Well, I've gotten myself back into needlepoint. I should extend that to punchneedle! Enjoy your books!

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

How cool! I know what you mean about that feeling when you know a package contains books.

Enjoy your reading, cooking and quilting!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Jamie's Food Revolution is on my wish list.
The crafts books look great!

Wrighty said...

So many good books! I love crafts but have only made a few small quilts. I'm sure you will have some beautiful projects. Enjoy!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

All was going so well, I was really enjoying your post, agreeing on just how wonderful it was to get a parcel especially one full of books, nodding my head, yes resisting those on-line bagains is soooo hard AND then, wham, out of the blue, there he was Jamie 'oh-so-smug' Oliver - urgh how I dislike this man. Still, many thanks for an otherwise lovely post Heather, I really like the look of that last book you feature, away to add it to my wish list now.

Julie said...

Crafting/knitting/quilting, etc. books are always sort of pricey. I think you showed considerable restraint in your purchases! Enjoy them all!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Kate Scott said...

Jamie's Food Revolution looks really interesting! Enjoy all you new books!