Friday 23 December 2011

Holiday Baking Party - Part 3

Dinner was lovely.  The pork tenderloin was cooked to perfection.  I diced mine up and served it over basmati rice.  Then it was back to the baking.

It took two pan to bake all the cookie bases for the "Nanaimo Bar Cookies".  They smell very good, but no tasting.  Must wait for the custard topping and chocolate drizzle.  All in the family have been warned to wait.

Back to the "Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies".  This recipe is from Holiday Cookies 2010 by America's Test Kitchen.   They didn't turn out as I expected.  The  directions said to drop the cream cheese mixture over half of the brownie batter and then smooth it over the surface.  Well, in my case, I think that my cream cheese mixture was a bit thicker than the brownie.  I did try and smooth it a bit, but it just tried to sink below the brownie.  Then I was to dollop the heated raspberry jam over the cheese and swirl it in.  Ha, the jam liquefied and ran all over. Ok, no spreading or swirling required.  Next was to top with the rest of the brownie batter.  Since it was not as thick as expected, it was easy to spoon it over the surface and achieve complete coverage with no need of smoothing.  This pan is in the oven now.

Hubby has made me a cup of decaf Earl Gray Tea. I'll take a bit of a break and then get on with the custard topping for the cookies.

Thanks to my party guests who have dropped by to say hello.

Earlier Holiday Baking Party posts:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 4
Part 5

No comments: