Friday 23 December 2011

Holiday Baking Party - Part 2

Had to take a bit of a break and pick up daughter from school as we needed to pick up one more gift items.

The "Peanut Butter Blondies" are now chilled and they look great and taste even better.  I ever so slightly undercooked them so they would be chewy instead of crisp.
 "Oatmeal-Fudge Bars" are out of the over, but they need to cool for two hours before cutting.  This photo was taken when I was sprinkling the topping on.  There is a bit more topping than shown.

I have the cream cheese packages on the counter.  One is for "Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies" from the same magazine.  My sister sent a special request and asked that I make her a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball.  I received the recipe from a Chocolate Survey panel that I am a member of.  Yes, I do regular surveys concerning Chocolate.  What a pleasure.

In the oven at this moment,  are the pork tenderloins that my son set to marinate just after lunch.  Once they come out, I'll put in the "Cranberry Pistachio Coconut Triangles.  The combination of tastes cried out to me and forced me to make them.  It took a while to shell the pistachios, it used almost an entire 225 gram bag (that would be about 1/2 pound).  The shortbread base needs to chill before I pour the sugary, fruit and nut filled topping over it.

I think I will continue in the order I listed my recipes, making "Nanaimo Bar Cookies" next.


Tips:
  • Plan ahead of time to ensure you have sufficient ingredients on hand. 
  • Put butter and eggs on the counter to warm up. (safe away from your cat or dog)
  • Copy favourite recipes that you use every year and put them in a binder.   Much easier then flipping through dozens of cookbooks to find that particular recipe.
  • Line pans with foil or parchment paper for easy removal.  This is handy as you will probably need to re-use the pan for another recipe.
  • If you live in a cold climate, you can chill items outside, just remember to cover them securely.
Additional Holiday Baking Party posts:
Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Linda has left a fun recipe in the comments section of the first part of my Holiday Baking Party.  Thanks to  Linda's Grandmother for this one.

1 comment:

Marie said...

These look yummy. I love Nanaimo bars, but haven't heard of the cookies by this name.

This year we found a limited edition Nanaimo bar ice cream. It's awesome!