Monday 26 December 2011

Holiday Baking Party - Part 5


Oatmeal Fudge Bars
America's Test Kitchen



Peanut Butter Blondies
America's Test Kitchen



Raspberry cream Cheese Brownies
America's Test Kitchen


Cranberry Pistachio Coconut Triangles
America's Test Kitchen



Nanaimo Bar Cookies



Elfin Shortbread Bites
unknown recipe source - recipe in Part part 4 post


This is an image of the goodie tray I took to my friends' for Christmas Eve.


Earlier in the party I told you that I was making a cheese ball as my sister had specifically requested it.  I did taste it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it.  The instructions are quite simple, but the results were very tasty.  Most of it was eaten before dinner.  Sorry no picture as I didn't really look like anything other than a blob of pecans.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1  8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball.  Wrap in plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

(I made a double layer of waxed paper and scooped the freshly mixed cream cheese mixture onto it.  I then gathered up the edges and placed the bundle into a small bowl, about 2 cup size and placed all that in the fridge.  This gave me the basic ball shape.  I figured I could skip the extra refrigeration step by pre-forming the ball, and it did work out well).

Earlier Holiday Baking Party post.


Thank-you to everyone who dropped by during the party and those who visited later.  I enjoyed your company and your comments.

4 comments:

Anya said...

Everything looks so yummy!

Mystica said...

I am keeping track of the cookies for later baking!

sewnut said...

My jeans feel tighter after enjoying the photos of these treats. Thanks Heather!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful and tasty ,all ther best for the new year stu