Tuesday 20 December 2011

Needlework Tuesday - A Finished Present

 Needlework Tuesday is open to all readers looking for inspiration, encouragement or who want to share their recent needlework project. Introduce yourself in the comments and be sure to leave a link to your current post. Feel free to grab the cute little mouse for your post.





Last week I shared pictures of the Snowflake Hostess Apron, from Red Heart, that I had started for my husbands step mother.  Daughter is modelling it in this photo.  If I were to make it again, I would change one step.  In the Bodice, row 21, it says to make 4 sc in one sc, twice in the row that falls around the bust.  You can clearly see these in the photo and they look awful. Sort of like eyes. I assume it was done to make space for the 'bumps', but really, how about two crochet in each of the next three sc. 

I'm sure the gift will be appreciated regardless.

For those who haven't entered already, I invite you to visit my post from last weekend, No Calorie  Doughnuts, and enter the associated contest.  You must leave a comment at that post to be entered.

I will have more doughnuts to show you next week.  They are in various stages of baking making hooking . stitching.  As soon as I publish this, I'll be back to figuring out how to make the yarn look like a Boston Cream Donut.  Then it's on to the 'Camoflauge Glazed'.

Did you get a chance to work on any of your needlework project this past week?  Be sure to leave a comment and your link and I'll add it to my post.  Thanks so much for taking you time this week to visit, and remember to click the link above to find out what my contest is about, and how to enter.

Sherrie at Just Books, has continued with progress to her hexagon afghan.  You definitely want to check it out.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
The apron is awesome, it's really pretty. Your donuts are cute. I'm a day late getting posted due to camera issues. But my Needlework Tuesday is posted. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Paulina said...

Wow, that apron is fabulous, Heather! I love the colour too.