Tuesday 29 October 2013

Needlework Tuesday - All Snug and Warm

 
This gorgeous quilt was shown last evening at my local quilt guild.  It was pieced by owner Sharon Agla, shown at left, and the blocks were made by the various members of the guild in appreciation of her year as our president.  My block is in the bottom right corner.
 
Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 

My Aiming for Accuracy quilt top is finally finished and I am pleased with the results>  I decided to stick with one colour palette as there was already so much happening with all the different patterns>  I was concerned that having too many colours would look too busy with no where for the eye to rest>  (sorry about the weird arrows< computer difficulties)>


The water in a bucket outside frozen solid last night and is not melting. Good thing I started knitting the winter supplies.  Daughter selected this lovely green  Amazing wool blend yarn from Lion Brand for her new hat. 

 
I choose the teal/purple, but it doesn't work for me.  I thought it would be more of the teal which looks soft blue in this photo.  Oh well, it was a  easy hat to knit .  It s the free pattern called New Moon Hat from the Lion website.

 
I do love my new cowl.  It is knit with Joy Missoni in a kit from Black Sheep and Ewe.

 
Daughter didn't stop at a hat, she also needed a new scarf.  This is knit from one ball of Radiant from Loops & Threads.  It has a chenille edge which is so soft that she couldn't stop at one colour.  hopefully next week I'll have the other one finished.

 
It's been great working these one ball projects, it makes me feel like I have accomplished so much. 
 
Tami, at Just One More Thing, has two posts to share this week, first about her new sewing machine, and second, the cute little pumpkin she stitched.
 
Marie, at Daisy's Book Journal , has posted an update to her colourful temperature scarf. 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the black/red/gray quilt - I always like those colors together.
Just how far north are you that the water froze solid!

Tami said...

Your Aiming for Accuracy quilt is beautiful - and I think you hit the mark - very detailed and precise!

I have a scarf similar to your daughters - it looks so complicated! I'm amazed at anyone that can make them.

Stop by and see my Needleword Tuesday post about my newest sewing machine. http://www.tdreads.blogspot.com/2013/10/needlework-tuesday.html

Marie said...

Love, love, love the quilt! Great decisions on fabric and colour.

I'm going to have to do some one ball projects. I need an accomplishment boost! Daughter's hat is awesome. I'm definitely going to check out the pattern.