Tuesday 1 October 2013

Needlework Tuesday - I Finished a Quilt


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 
I can't believe how quickly last week passed.  I guess that's what happens when you are working hard having fun.  A couple of steady days of machine quilting saw this quilt finished and yesterday I attached he binding.  All it needs is a label and off it goes to my sister for delivery.  I am very pleased with how well it turned out. 


 
 
Saturday was Culture Days in Stratford, Ontario.    My friend Lisa and I joined another friend Karen at Factory 163 for a knitting display.  What a great space.  We took over the lounge  area.  I brought a bunch of quilts and afghans and we spread them out for visitors to enjoy.


 
How nice that Mary Ann dressed to compliment my quilt.
 
 
 
A bit of quick sewing Sunday put together this horse themed pillowcase for y niece who is now attending the University of Waterloo.  I figured she could use a little something to help brighten up her dorm room.

 
 
While at Culture Days, I got a good start on this sparkly shawl for my sister in law.  She recently had a delicate back surgery and could use a 'pick me up'.  I put the pink markers to remind me that I am increasing on this side.  Four increases per alternate row and the pattern suggests I'll have enough yarn to go to 208 stitches.  Should be a good size triangle by then.
 
Tomorrow I plan to post an update to the 350 Block Challenge.  See you then.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Heather, you quilt is gorgeous. I don't know how you can bare to part with it. It's probably easier knowing that it's going to a good cause. Great job!!

Linda said...

Your quilt is just wonderful Heather. I love it. The machine quilting looks amazing.

Colleen said...

Your quilt turned out really well. The frames around each block really tie all those different blocks together. I'm going to remember that next time I do a sampler quilt.

The little book of Nessie said...

Congratulations on finishing a UFO. What a lovely feeling. Your sister is the lucky one. Beautiful quilt. Well done. Regards, Nessie