Tuesday 8 October 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Love those Sparkles


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
Every now and then I find that I need to spend some concentrated time on a particular project.  Last weekend it was the Aiming for Accuracy Quilt Along.  I had three lessons to get caught up on. 

 
Since all the main blocks were complete, it was time to move on to the filler strips.

 
Nothing difficult in these pieces, lots of colour and cutting.

 
Then attaching them to neighbouring blocks. 
I'm not going to show you any more of my progress.  Still have the border to piece and then I get to show you the finished top.  You'll have to wait a week or two for that, all I can tell you is that it is very seasonal with all the oranges.
 
 
My leaders an enders project is moving along at an accelerated pace.  The units have gotten larger.  The step of adding a blue square to each of the yellow and white four patches is complete.  On to the next.

 Now to some knitting.  Approaching changes to cooler weather always seem to urge me to knit.  I just started this cowl.  It is being done on 6.5 mm needles with Bamboo Bloom Handpaints from Universal Yarn in the colour Pagoda.  Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but it's a short Mobius strip.
 
I finished the shawl for my sister-in-law.  It turned out so lovely, that both daughter and I have decided that we need at least one each, though in brighter colours.  It was supposed to have a bit of a ruffle along the outer edge, but that would have required me reading through the entire pattern (all 4 lines) before I started.  I wasn't about to unknit and I don't really consider my sil a ruffle kind of person.

The last two days have been spent playing with batik fabrics.  I've cut what seems like a million 6 7/8 inch squares and and equal number of 3 7/8 inch squares.  I'll have photos of some of the blocks next week.

I am curious of what you have been stitching this past week.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I can't wait to see your finished orangy project! Gorgeous colours.

I love the shawl you knit for your sister-in-law. I don't think it needs the ruffle. I hope she enjoys it.

You can see the little bit of stuff I did in my post. Yup, I finally got around to posting something. ;)

Have a great week!