Thursday 31 October 2013

Tangled Thursday - Coming up Daisies

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com
 This weeks challenge was 'Daisy'.  Any way you wanted to interpret it.  I drew a multi lobe flower with a large centre.  This first drawing is a page from my sketch book with several ideas of tangles I might want to use.  The border ideas were the hardest for me to decide upon.

The flower head measures about 4 inches per side.  Tangles used are : circfleur, papyrus, mixed signals, nipa, static, allium, lollipop variation.  I'm still undecided about whether I should out line petal. I kinda like that it's left 'open', though the ends of some of the petals do get lots at the border.

The second daisy, measuring 5x6 inches,  uses the same design for each petal, though I don't know it's name.  I saw it in a book and replicated it,  the centre is ammon and the stem is onamato.

Our next challenge has been designated by Marie at Daisy's Book Journal.  You are welcome to visit her site for the details and due date.  Then join use back here on that date and add your link.  If you tangled a daisy, please add your link below.  Feel free to grab the cute button that Tami from Just One More Thing designed for our use.


4 comments:

Tami said...

Beautiful daisies! I love they way you added the borders that run behind the flowers. I'll be borrowing that idea. :)

Thanks for hosting Tangled Thursdays. I'm looking forward to all the challenges.

Marie said...

Great work, Heather! I love them both. I especially like your borders and that your flowers cross the border. Nice!

I, too, was undecided on whether or not to outline the petals. I tried a couple of different things with varying success.

Thanks for hosting and mentioning my challenge for next week. See you then!

Wendy said...

so pretty, zentangle is something i've never tried

brenda shaver shahin said...

Heather, loved how you are all getting together for online challenges. Love your site too! Very cool how you are listing the tangles you are using. Do you know about the "diva" challenge? Laura Harms, a CZT from Regina posts a new challenge every week. I used to do them but never seem to have the time lately... But challenges are a lot of fun..