Tuesday 26 November 2013

Needlework Tuesday - A Leaders and Enders End

For most of the year I have been teasing you with photos of my progress through my leaders and enders project.  It all started with this tiny bit:


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.  A special shoutout to Sherrie at Food for Thought who is back blogging again.  Sherrie is the designer of my cute little mouse button.

 
 

My leader and ender project continues, though I am now at the most exciting part.  The blocks are completed.
I had these blocks laid out on the floor and when hubby came in I asked him what he thought. He stood there a minute looking at them, and finally he said "I got it, I got it, there's one block missing". Well I knew that, I wanted to know about the lay out.   I could use just about any log cabin arrangement.  Before I go any further I want to share my pattern source.  Em at When Life Falls to Pieces Make a Quilt (Em's Scrapbag).
I'm trying out several arrangements before I start sewing the blocks together.
 
For quite a while now I have been working on Dutch Nine Patch blocks for future wedding quilt for my nephew.  He's just started dating a woman, so there is no rush for this quilt, but I want to be ready. Ten more blocks this week should give me plenty to play with.  He's a military man which meant I had to include some camo fabrics. 

 
Here are the 35 blocks that I pieced.  They should all be different fabrics.  They'll be put away for now while I complete projects with more pressing needs.
 
I had hoped to show you my finished shawl, but I still have to cast off and it's a picot bind off which I know will take a while as there are 272 stitches on the needle.
 
Did you get some stitching done this week?  Doesn't matter what type or whether it's complete or still in progress or you are still thinking about it, if you wrote a post join up with Mr. Linky and I'll come visit with you.
 

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Decided to join you this week - back to a more regular routine

em's scrapbag said...

Love your leaders and ends. The blue and sunny yellow are perfect. Can't wait to see how you arrange it. Thanks for giving me a heads up on your progress.
Also really like the dutch 9 patch.

Roslyn said...

I like your nine patch in a nine patch Heather. it would be a nice way to use up those leaders and enders.

Marie said...

Nice work, Heather. It's great to finally see the blocks for the Leaders and Enders quilt! I like the first arrangement. Your husband cracks me up.

The second one is lovely, too. Lucky nephew!

Threeundertwo said...

I love your leaders/enders project. Can't wait to see what layout you decide to use.

Linda said...

Your Leader/Ender quilt is just wonderful Heather. And the Dutch Nine Patch is one I have not seen before. Love it!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Heather! Your projects are beautiful! I couldn't contact you by email, please send me email: nerospost(at)gmail(dot)com
Sunny wishes! x Teje