Thursday 28 November 2013

Tangled Thursday - Ornaments

I really didn't know what I was going to draw this week until I touched the pen to the paper.  I knew I wanted a drawn out line and that I would cut the ornaments out leaving an extra paper margin. Once I got started, the ideas just seemed to flow. I used a bit of watercolour paint  to add colours, which are a bit washed out due to the camera flash.


Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns.com.




When I was shopping earlier in the week, I came across these window clings in the grocery store.  Just one dollar, hmm, I could tangle those couldn't I.  I bought a package.


Since this week's theme is ornaments, I'd better start there. I had to use a Sharpie marker as the ink of the Sakura Pigma pens doesn't dry on the plastic surface.
For the colour of the poinsietta, I peeled the finished piece off the backing and used a Sharpie marker to colour the back.  I took longer to dry as I used a thick marker, but it coloured in very well.  Following are a few more images from that sheet.  I am quite pleased with how this turned out and am thinking a trip to the dollar store in search of additional pages is in order.


 
Marie at Daisy's Book Journal will be selecting out next challenge.
 
I am curious, what is the most unusual item that you have tangled on?  Please leave a comment.
Did you tangle this past week, if so, then add your link to Mr. Linky, it you don't have a blog, you are invited to email your photo and I'll add it to next week's post.
 
 

3 comments:

Tami said...

Wow, what a creative week! I love the idea of cutting out the ornaments and placing them on colored backgrounds. It really makes the tangles stand out.

As for the window clings - you are a Crafting Goddess! :) A brilliant idea, beautiful results, and all for $1. Awesome!

Marie said...

Beautiful ornaments, Heather. I'd say those are ready for the tree!

I love your windows clingies. Just yesterday, I saw that a blogger drew some tangle patterns onto a scrapbooking page, one that had some nice big shapes on it. Cool idea.

I haven't done any unusual objects yet. Well, I did try to draw on an old metal fan blade, but the marker I was using slipped too easily across the surface and it turned out to be a mess. Also, the angle of it didn't make drawing very easy. It was hard to get my hand in a position where it was steady. Live and learn.

Have a great week.

Linda said...

So creative Heather. I just love the snowman's scarf and the poinsettia is wonderful.