Tuesday 4 March 2014

Needlework Tuesday - February's Postcards

I'm away for a quilt class with a dear friend who has recently taken up quilting.  In my absence, I have left some colourful photos for your enjoyment.  Once again I am participating in Prairie Moon Quilts 350 block challenge.  I didn't meet this month's objective, but I did complete 13 fabric postcards and one quilt block.  twelve of the postcards are shown  in this first photo.  Individual or group photos are included below.
Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.
 
Christmas

 
Strip piecing.

 
Two direction strip piecing.

 
Fused Squares

 
Re-embroidered fabric.  I time consuming, but fun method.
 
 
This one is not in the group photo at the beginning, as I made it for my post mistress and mailed it to her as soon as it was complete.  She loved it and has it displayed on her desk at the post office.
 
This is the third square for my Red Heart crochet along.  This block is all about working in the back loop giving a ribbing effect.  I turned out nice and square. 
I have to do some piecing and completed this 15 inch slab block.  The concept if from Cheryl Arkison.  So far, I have three blocks made in different colours.  I need at least a few more before I can make something with them.  No rush on this project. 
I hope that you all had some stitching time this past week.  Leave me  a comment as well, visit Mr. Linky below and add a link to your recent needlework post.  I'll be sure to visit with you and leave a comment.
 

5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely postcards...the fabrics are yummy:)

Roslyn said...

Have fun, I love getting together to sew with friends. I am taking a class the next two days with a friend, it's on the Underground Railway quilt in miniature!

Teri said...

Very nice projects Heather! They are gorgeous and thanks for allowing me to join in this week!

Tami said...

I love the fabric postcards. They are still buzzing around the back of my mind - I'm going to try them eventually. Yours are all beautiful - but the one for your post mistress is amazing! I'm sure she thought it was a wonderful treat.

Anne Payne said...

I ♥ these postcards! I don't quilt but I do believe these could get me started ;)