Tuesday 11 March 2014

Needlework Tuesday - It's great when i see some project progress.

I was on the Red Heart site looking for yarns for my current afghan project.  I wanted to find colours that would match with the variegated yarn I am using for the granny squares.  in their FAQ section I found a multi-color co-ordinate list for several Red Heart yarns.  This could be particularly helpful when ordering online. 

 My Crochet Along is going well.  I had been planning to use yellow and teal for the patterned blocks, but they aren't easy colours to find around here and I didn't want to mail order.  Once I laid out my existing blocks, I decided that they look good together as is. 
The most recent block is Front Post Treble, which was easy to make and looks really good.  I did have some trouble with my vertical tension and my block was too short. To remedy that, I added two pattern repeats.
Unknown to me, my sister has been working on the same afghan.  I'll take some photos next week when I am visiting her and share them with you . She is doing hers in one colour throughout.
Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.


It's time for March's tea cosy.  I have been procrastinating starting.  I needed to select several colours of yarn that would work together and I wanted to avoid any new purchases.  Several combinations were considered and even once I started stitching, I changed out some colours.  I was going to use a pale blue instead of the rose. 

The pattern for the Scallop Tea Cosy is from Crochetroo.   It is very addictive.  Changing colours every two scallop rows and with rows being so short, I don't want to put it down.  I was able to finish four colours last night while watching tv.  I did have to pull out a few stitches here and there, but then I never said I was great at crochet.  Hint: I was having trouble finding the last stitch in the row. To make it easier, as I start a row, after I make the first stitch, I then place a stitch marker through the loops, then when I get there on my next row, I can find it easily.  you can just see the white markers on the top left and top right of the following picture, click on the photo to enlarge.

Doesn't this just make you want to put everything else aside and start you own.  Next week I'll be showing my sister how to do this stitch and expect she'll want to try it right away.
 
Not much to say here. same as all the previous months.  My temperatures scarves are getting long and I'm only five months in.  they will easily loop around the neck three times.  On the left is mine which is using the daily high temperatures in Waterloo, Ontario.  On the right is the mystery location, which I will reveal at once the scarf is completed and given to it's recipient.
Last week, I mentioned that I was sewing with a friend.  Here is the interim results.  We sliced up a layer cake, sorted it, and now we are sewing it back together in long strips.  The pattern is from Black Cat Creations.
Did you get to some stitching last week, I'd love to see what you were doing.  Add your link to Mr. Linky below, and I'll be sure to drop by for a visit. 
 
 

4 comments:

Roslyn said...

When you sew long strips do you find they do better if you alternate the end you begin sewing?
Woohoo my mini is done Heather!

Tami said...

Love the scallops. If I could crochet, I would be making my own. Can't wait to see the finished cozy.

All projects are wonderful, as always.

Kate said...

You have been busy this week!

Anonymous said...

Would staggering the scallops in the tea cosy be an option?

Aud