Thursday 29 January 2015

Tangled Thursday - Winter how ever you want it.


Thanks to Marie for challenging us with the theme of Winter.  How ever we wanted to approach it, as long as it conveyed winter.

Few years ago, I bought some snowflake cookie cutters. I haven't used them to make any cookies.  Today they stood in as a template for my tangles.  I traced the two different sizes, divided them in six sections and picked up my blue pen.

i should have left a bit of a margin around the smaller flake as I don't think it stands out enough from the larger one.  I did shade around it to show that the smaller flake is in front of the larger one.

Tangles used in the smaller flake: rain variation, knights bridge, floating disks, cheese cloth, weave and chartz.  larger flake: cuddles, cadent, flying geese, papyrus, nippa, and asian fans.

Welcome to Tangled Thursday.  A few of my local and online friends have joined me in an occasional Zentangle challenge.  We'll take turns choosing a theme  and them post our drawings in about 2 weeks time.  All are welcome to join in the fun.  If you are new to Zentangles, then visit the website for a complete explanation and all sorts of online resources.  I'm also a big fan of TanglePatterns

 I hope that you had a chance to do some tangling this week.  Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your current Zentangle post. 

 

5 comments:

Marie said...

Very nice, Heather. I think your shading give it lots of depth. I could tell right away the smaller one was on top.

Nice use of colour and template, too! Speaking of templates, I was thinking I had one for scrap booking. Turns out I didn't, but I didn't even think of using a cookie cutter.

You used lots of new-to-me patterns. I've been sticking with the ones I know, but I really should branch out some more and learn some new ones.

Have a great week!

dianeclancy said...

This is so pretty Heather with the blue and white - you did a great job on making the small one stand out!!

~ Diane Clancy
http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/01/winter-challenge-entry-tangled-thursday

Ann said...

Hello girls... I found your challenge via Diane who commented on my blog...
What a great topic, I love snowflakes so I did some arukas snowflakes...

Lovely snowflakes Heather, I hadn't thought to use a blue pen. Great idea!

Zandiepants said...

I think it looks lovely! It's very clear that one is in front of the other, I think the shading has helped with that.

Marie said...

Hi Heather,
Now that others (Hi Ann and Zandiepants) have found these challenges perhaps we need to "advertise" the next challenge and date.

Any ideas on how to do that on an ongoing bases? It wouldn't be fair to make you do it each time, even though this is our home base. I'd volunteer to do it on my blog, but since I get so few visitors, very few are likely to see it. The email is working for our small group, but as it grows (YAY!) is might not. Also, others not currently on the list have no idea what or when the next challenge is.

I put this here as a comment (as opposed to an email) in case others want to chime in. Feel free to respond either way.

Let me know your thoughts.