Wednesday 2 September 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Amazing what you can accomplish

After last weeks lament of me not accomplishing much, you probably thought I skipped out on yesterdays post because I hadn't sewn a stitch.  Oh, you are sew wrong.  I spent the day with daughter helping with the final prep before she leaves for her next year at university.   Last  week she kept me busy sewing gifts for her friends, who are/were busy getting ready for their next year of schooling.

This cute purple one is quilted and measures about 6 x 5 inches.

 First I made the panel with alternating rows of two purple fabrics and quilted as I went.
 I trimmed it up nicely and stay stitched around the outside.
 Add a zipper, seam and box the ends and voila. Finished.  How I love small, easy to finish projects.

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you.


Not to be complacent, daughter had me back to the cow print fabric.  Several of her friends fell in love with the little bags I made earlier and had hinted that they'd like one each.  How could I say no.  They are the same size as the purple bag.


To round out the bag sewing for the week, I finished up six more of these cute little ones.  Details and pattern links are found way back in a post from mid July.

 One last project for daughter.  My mom gave her a little buggy for grocery shopping, but it has such wide spaced framing, that I knew from experience, things would poke out or fall through.  Since I had this wicked rubber backed nylon fabric, I offered to make a liner with flap.  I even made and extra layer for the bottom for added security.

I'd say she is all set. It could use a Minnon eye painted on the front, but that's up to her.
Do you have a favourite small project that you come back to time and time again, or one that you wish you did.  Mister Linky is waiting below. I've enjoy reading all about and possibly even making one for myself.


3 comments:

Lin said...

What a lovely collection of pouches Heather and they look super simple. I shall have to have a go. xx

Roslyn said...

I always admire the cute bags others make but I never make any they seem to need a lot of fussing! I especially love the cow bags!
Roslyn

Joy said...

Those are great! Love the cow bags!