Tuesday 17 January 2017

Needlework Tuesday - I knocked one item off my list

 This is Cally. She belonged to my son when he was a wee little guy.  Sadly, she's been having tummy trouble for several years.  Notice how caved in her tummy appears to be.  I have intended to give her some loving care, but never seemed to get around to her.  Last week I made a new 'todo' list for the week, with just a few items that I actually felt I could accomplish.  Cally was number 1.
 It took some searching, but I did manage to find a seam from her original assembly.  Turned out there were only about six stitches to remove.
 She used to have a flexible tummy which was nice for cuddling, but over the years it turned hard.  When I opened her up, I found this rigid thick balloon.  I removed it and re-stuffed her.
 If you look carefully you can see that she now has a nice plump tummy.
Successful surgery and Cally is now ready to go live with my young nephew.


I am so happy to have marked off the first item on my todo list.  Tomorrow, I'll write up a new list for the coming week and then set to stitching.

It took me a bit of research to decide what type of list would work for me.  I visited with Elaine at the blog Crazy Quilter on a Bike and read her post on The Task Master.  I like some of her ideas, but she lost me when she got to the second colour of highlighter.  Then watched this video on bullet journals.  Interesting, but not quite what I want.




Finally, I visited GeekDad and learned about the Midori Travel Journals.  They look like terrific books and I love the sticker idea.  At present  decided to continue with the hardbound book I have, but I will definitely be using sticker to note my successes.

Thanks to everyone for your great suggests to help me stay on track this year and to keep my work space usable.

My focus for next week will be the blue quilt once I find a method for marking the sashing.  The white pencil refills I purchased don't fit the pencil they are supposed to fit.  Hmmm, 0.7mm refills that are much too big for a o.7 mm pencil.  tomorrow after the ice melts on the road, I'll be back to the quilt shop to rectify this issue.

I hope that you are making progress on whichever (needlework) project finds itself at the top of your todo list. 

Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you. I hope that you are having fun and making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment. 


Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your needlework

4 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Cally looks good and ready to be cuddled again:) I try to be organized and make lists but I fail every time. Too easily distracted....sigh.

Marie said...

Wow! Cally looks like she's in remarkable shape, despite her tummy troubles. Nice job on the surgery.

I don't have a formal to-do list procedure. Just pen and paper (post-it note or back of an envelope usually). They are a little too easy to lose, but it gives me great satisfaction to throw the thing in the recycle bin when all of the items are ticked off.

I'm going to take a look at the links you provided, though, because it's never too late to learn something new.

Have a great week.

Roslyn said...

I have a basket of mending- I am seriously unmotivated! I have a running list of things I hope to be accomplished each day but not all get done every day!

Kate said...

I am so glad Cally is feeling better.