Tuesday 7 February 2017

Needlework Tuesday - My Family Stitches Along

 While I am away in a hot climate for some post-Christmas recovery, I have a few photos of my families stitching to share.

My sister is crocheting this lovely afghan for her (oops, not sure if I'm allowed to say who it's for, but it will certainly brighten up any room it adorns).

It is crocheted with a front triple crochet V design.  I love the progression of colours.  She is planning to make it to cover the top of a queen size bed.
 My mom has been working on this beauty for a while now, two years I think as I remember cutting pieces for her when she was laid up with her broken leg. I love it, hint hint if it doesn't already have a recipient in mind.  It is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter, Lozenges - a 2014 Leader and Ender design.
Mom is also piecing the En Provence mystery quilt by Bonnie.  She decided to make a small version with one block .


Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you. I hope that you are having fun and making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment. 

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your needlework

1 comment:

Marie said...

Your family does nice work, Heather. Such a creative family!

Hope you enjoy your time away.