Tuesday 21 February 2017

Needlework Tuesday - Little Finishes Count Big Time

 When I stitch  a few minutes here and a few minutes there, it doesn't seem like much effort is required.  At the end of the week when I add up all those minutes, wow, I might have spent and unexpected hour on a project.

I was at my quilt bee the other day and took along a ball of ruffle yarn.  I cast on a few stitches and started knitting.  I wasn't really paying attention to the needles, instead I enjoyed conversation with my friends.  When it was time to put my stitching away, this scarf was almost complete.  A few more minutes at home and it was done.  Totally made in found minutes.

Do you stitch during those extra few minutes that happen  in your day?
 I completed my daughter's pussy hat and having more yarn on hand, I started and then completed one for my friend's daughter.  The pale pink one is knit with 34 stitches of chunky yarn on 7 mm needles.  I can't believe how fast it went together.  It is actual fits an adult head and will suit the young recipient as well.  I have enough for both yarns for at least another hat each. 
Daughter is modelling her hat.  Yippee, she is home for reading week, and yes, she has been reading.  It's interesting the range of materials the sociology students cover. The two books she was reading yesterday; Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi and  The Letters of Abélard and Héloïse by Heloise d'Argenteuil.  Not surprisingly, she is using the same approach to reading these books as I often use in my projects.  Neither book is the type that you can easily read from cover to cover non-stop.  She has been reading them a chapter at time while working on other assignments in between.  By the end of the week, she should have most of both books complete.  Now I wonder where she learned that technique?

I hope that you have had a great stitching week and that you have made use of those small blocks of time that tend to occur throughout the day/week.

  Needlework Tuesday is a regular weekly post where I share the progress of my various needlework projects over the past week. I enjoy the encouragement that I receive from my readers and in return visit their blogs and cheer them on with theirs. You are welcome to grab the cute little mouse and create your own Needlework Tuesday post. Leave a comment with a link and I'll be sure to visit with you. I hope that you are having fun and making progress on whatever project is dear to your heart at this moment. 

Mister Linky is waiting below for a link to your needlework post.


No comments: