Friday 10 February 2017

The GIrl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza

 This is a well devised mystery that kept me guessing.  Playing off the perceived advantage of privilege against truth tends to have me cheering for the "commoner" and I was definitely rooting for DCI Erika Foster.

Erika has been brought in from her bereavement leave to investigate the murder of a high-profile socialite. Almost from the start she realizes the victim was not as squeaky clean innocent as everyone thought but that is still not a good reason for her to be dead.

I enjoyed Erika's character, particularly when she fought to allow the investigation to follow her hunch/intuition.  Her dogged determination let me know that she wasn't going to cave into the demands of a  titled man used to having everything go his way and have everyone bow to his requests. 

A good start to a new series by author Robert Bryndza.

Cover image courtesy Bookouture.

#IndigoEmployee

No comments: