Saturday 25 February 2017

Submerged by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

I thought I knew what would happen when I saw the cover of this book, but I soon learned that that was only part of the story.

I was on the edge of my seat for most of the reading.  Once I got going, I didn't want to put it down, but also, I didn't want to be sitting alone in a dark house in the wee hours of the morning reading with  book in hand.  I read to the half way point and then continued in the safe light of dawn.

I loved this book for both the creepiness and for the flowed characters.  We all don't get to be adults and have perfect lives behind us .  That would make for very identical people.   Marcus Taylor feels he has a lot to make up for in his life, and by working as a 911 operator, he can begin to atone for his errors.  Rebecca Kingston really can't be faulted for falling in love with the wrong man, but she does need help escaping him.

On a fateful day, Rebecca and Marcus paths cross and it has impacts on their lives that they couldn't have imagined.

That's it, no more clues to the plot as once this story gets going it's none stop action.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  It was an edgy read that keep me a little off kilter, yet it was also warming to watch their relationship develop.

Also by Cheryl Kaye Tardif:

Children of the Fog

Cover image courtesy Cheryl Kaye Tardif

#IndigoEmployee

No comments: