Wednesday 17 June 2009

Needlework Tuesday on Wednesday

Sorry to have missed my regular post yesterday. I have been working very hard on the quilt that is a copy of my son's art work and wanted to get that posted, but I had to chance to take the dog to visit with my friend Janet and her three dogs at her farm. It went better than was expected with the exception that Atreyu managed to escape her house and find me outside. oops, though to his credit he did leave the chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys alone even though they were free ranging everywhere.

ok, back to the quilt. The first picture shows the finished top with 1 1/2 inch black boarders attached. Had to add them prior to removing the paper patterns due to all the bias edges. A few of the papers have been removed out of curiosity by my son and myself. Something is wrong with my camera and the flash is going off when it should so the colour in the picture is not right, but you can see the pattern very well.


The second picture shows all the papers removed and it is layers up with some machine quilting done. The batting is Hobbs Polydown. Nice and fluffy. I am stitching in the ditch along all the black 'sashing'. Might need to do some echo quilting in the larger colour blocks, but will have to wait until the rest is done and all the pins removed.

I am looking forward to hanging these side by side. Now if I can only get my sister to knit a version...

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
The quilt is beautiful!!! It's very colorful, I like it! I have an award for you at my place, Sherrie's Stuff. You can pick it up there. Have a great evening!

Sherrie
http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2009/06/shadow-shot-sunday.html