Tuesday 23 June 2009

Needlework Tuesday

I have had a few more envelopes land in my mail box. The challenge is winding down with only a few more blocks on their way.

This first by Mary Sue from Ontario. I don't know the pattern name, but clearly it's a 'Tic Tac Toe' game.




The second block is by Susan from Ontario. Love the outer deep pink heart surrounding the inner heart motif.
You still have a few days to enter my contest to win a piece of this lovely challenge fabric. Enter contest to win challenge Fabric.

Yesterday I was working on 'Double Necktie' blocks for my online group. Pattern is from the Quilter's Cache website. The finished blocks are 9 inches. They went together very quickly and turned out lovely. Other than a million unfinished projects it would be fun to make enough of these for a bed quilt.






9 blocks were submitted this month. I chose this layout for their picture as I like the way they make rounded off and squared blocks from the light part.
This week I plan to finish the binding for the black and bright colour quilt I was working on last week. My son brought it home from school today. Once I figure out which is the top then I'll put on a hanging sleeve.
I'll be back next week with more updates. Please leave a comment and let me know what you're working on.





1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Beautiful blocks! I really like that heart block, the colors are pretty together. Thanks for stopping by my place. You book sounds intriguing. Have a great day!

Sherrie