Thursday 13 May 2010

General Update

Today I go out of town to pick up son.  Tomorrow he has dental surgery and I admit to being a bit nervous.  Usually this is dad's domain, but this time son wants me nearby. 

 I have a few books picked out to read or at least hold onto while waiting for him.  Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction) has been in my hand all week.  Its a long one, about 650 pages, but I am loving every one of those pages.  Haven't decided what else to take with me, perhaps  Tame the Wild Wind by Anna Small.  I won this over at Prairie Chicks Write Romance a week or so ago. 

On my drive to pick up son, I'll pass through Shakespeare, Ontario and plan stop at Green Cottage Gallery and release some books that I have registered with  Bookcrossing.  My dad reads books like many people drink water.  Tons and tons of them.  Most he takes to the used book shop, but occasionally a bag finds it way to me so that I can have the fun of releasing them. 

Hopefully I'll be back by Sunday with my review of Wolf Hall.   I don't have a recipe to post today, but will try and have two for you next Thursday.

5pm Friday 14th - Son is now back from the hospital and recovering.  The surgery went well.  He's a bit swollen, but seems upbeat.  I am so happy that is over.  Thanks for your messages of encouragement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending all good vibes for your son's dental surgery. Hang in there :).
Stay inspired!

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your blog today. Hope the recovery is quick.
Ann
Ann Summerville
Cozy In Texas

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hope your son's dental surgery went well and he is well on the road to recovery.

Jenny Girl said...

Poor guy! I totally feel for the two of you and I apologize for late well wishes.
Glad that dental work is over now!