Friday 21 September 2007

1930's style of Blog


I wonder what the main character of the book "Clara Callan" by Richard B. Wright would think of todays blogs? This book is written in a letter format. There are letters from Clara, to her sister Nora as well as several others. Even though Clara doesn't take much with the technology new to the 1930's, I do suspect that she would be a blogger. She does like to write poetry.


There is something about this letter format that appeals to me very much. I had to force myself to put the book down so I wouldn't rush right through. I find it easy to immerse myself in the character's life. Its as though I have become that person. In my opinion that makes the author very successful.


The author of this book is from St. Catharines, Ontario, which by the way is my home town (though I haven't lived there full time since 1981).


If you would like to read about this book, please check the link below:


I borrowed the picture from the Chapters website.

Thanks to my friend Patricia for the loan of the book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.