Thursday 27 September 2007

Finishing Something started long ago


It always feels good to me to finish a project that was started long ago. This quilted wall hanging was started a few years back at a quilt retreat near London, Ontario. Its adapted from a pattern by Joan Barnett. It was supposed to be for a queen size bed, but I know my limitations and only ever intended to make a wall hanging. It measures 38 x 30 inches.
Its now resident in my hubby's work office.
I still have a bunch of other unfinished projects, not just quilts, but needlework, room painting etc that are awaiting completion. I really should get to them since I feel so good when they are complete. One step at a time. Currently I am stitching some applique for a quilt top that should be done for a class on October 13. Then its the quilting on a Hello Kitty theme quilt for my daughter and then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Heather, a great beginning on all of those UFO's