Friday 2 July 2010

Canadian Book Read since July 1, 2009

For the third year John at The Book Mine Set has hosted "The Canadian Book Challenge".  This is my second year to participate.  This year I read 22 books.  Below is a list with links to my review.  John has now posted the rules for the challenge for the upcoming year.  Are readers are invited to join in the fun.


Dragon Seer by Janet McNaughton
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
How Like and Angel by Margaret Millar


Heaven is Small by Emily Schultz (photo from Anansi Press)
February by Lisa Moore
The Cure by Susan Phelan


Don't Look Down by David Laing Dawson
By Canoe & Moccasin by Basil H. Johnston
Crazy Dave by Basil Johnston

The Frozen Thames by Helen Humphreys
My Worst Best Sleepover Party by Anna Morgan and Dr. Rachael Turkienicz
The Little Duck Sikihpsis by Beth Cuthand and Mary Longman


The Delta is My Home by Tom McLeod and Minday Willet
Christmas at Wapos Bay by Jordan Wheeler and Dennis Jackson


Blood Sports by Eden Robinson
Wicked Night Games by Kathleen Lawless


Night Runner by Max Turner


The Hidden City by Michelle West
City of Night by Michelle West

Not Yet Reviewed  or Still Reading

The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis
Dining with Death by Kathleen Molloy (photo from the author's website)

5 comments:

Elly D said...

Impressive!! Congratulations that's some reading.. I've read only one and nearly at the end of another..but I am also listening to another.

Amy said...

Great list of books, some of those I didn't realize were Canadian, so great to know!

Wanda said...

Wow, you did great! I haven't read a single book on your list but I see a few that both my daughters and I would like. Glad to hear you're in for the 4th!

LOL ... just had to share — my word verification: butfluff !

Lucy said...

Wow-impressive stuff! Hope you had a fun Canada Day:)

Dorte H said...

How funny to see the covers of Dragon Seer, The Gargoyle and February.

Dining with Death looks intriguing; I´ll watch out for your review.